Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Getting my children involved

Yes, I'm going to be the proud mommy for a minute and talk about my daughter.

Caitlyn didn't have school Monday and, although I didn't want her to, she came to work with me Monday. She's a very well behaved child for the most part, so it wasn't a big deal. She helped me a bit and played with her brother's PSP and colored and suddenly it was lunchtime! I thought maybe she would eat a grilled cheese sandwhich from Crossroads so I hadn't packed a lunch. We got our food and sat down to eat. She took a few bites of her chips, which was all she had for lunch because the grilled cheese "looked funny," and she said, "Mommy, are we going back to the library alone?"

I wasn't really sure what she meant so I said, "When we're all done with our food we'll go back to my office. We can't bring this food in there."

"I know. But why are you in the library alone?"

"I'm not. There are a lot of people in the library right now. It's testing time."

"Then why do you say 'I'm in the library alone' when you answer your phone?"

After I composed myself I let her know that I actually say "Interlibrary Loan" and we both laughed for a long time.

I love kids. I was a kid myself once. -Tom Cruise

No comments: